Post op rhino 6 days and the tip is HUGE! Will this go away or is it polly beak deformity? (Photos)

Had rhino w/ septoplasty & turbinate reduction w/ right nostril brought down. As you can see from before & afters the nostrils are still uneven. Will this resolve? Also the tip is huge. I know it's early but could something this large be swelling? My PS says it's fine but I swear he didn't sound convinced. There's also a big bump of skin just inside right nostril like the excess skin wasn't trimmed when the nostril was reduced. He said he doesn't really see it but it's clearly there. Please help.

Early post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only six days after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Post op rhino 6 days and the tip is HUGE! Will this go away or is it polly beak deformity?

Dear Abouttime14The amount of swelling you have for 6 days post an open rhinoplasty is perfectly normal. As far the issues with asymmetry, it will take time for the nose to take shape. Generally, at 3 months you will have a good sense of the overall shape and it will take 6 months or more for the near final result.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Early Postoperative Swelling

At 6 days postop, it is FAR too early to assess your final results, as your nose will continue to change over the next several weeks to months.  Ask your surgeon for a reasonable timeline of events to expect certain results and be patient.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and photos.  Rest assured that the amount of swelling at 6 days after surgery is usually quite significant.  Definitely give it plenty of time before you judge the final result.  One recommendation is to take photos in the same type of lighting at the same time of day on a weekly basis.  Doing so you can document how the nose shape changes with time and with healing.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Post Operative Rhinoplasty Concerns

At 6 days post op you have tons of swelling and it is far too soon to begin to assess the results of your surgery. It is also far to soon for you to develop a polly beak deformity. Your soft tissue, incisional and skin concerns will all improve with more recovery time. Keep all your regular appointments for follow up with your surgeon and follow your doctor's recommendations as you recover. Should your concerns remain after 6-12 months from surgery, discuss these with your PS and seek recommendations for improvement. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon