Post-explant painful/irritating scar tissue -- how to fix?

In late March, I had my implants removed, together with a lift on one side. The scar tissue under the lifted breast is really easily irritated. Most of the time I can go without a bra, but when I do wear a bra, by the end of the day, the band of the bra is flat out painful. I massage daily & roll the tissue between my fingers as I was shown by my PS's office. Also I use Biocorneum. Is there anything else I can be doing and/or how long before this begins to ease up?

How to fix

Im assuming you have had a breast implant removed and the scar is painful and uncomfortable. You are probably early post-op 8 to 10 months and still in the healing process. Often times a stern injection or laser visage will help with anything that is a painful, even an irritating scar. I recommend you see you the surgeon who performed your previous surgery to determined what would be the best option for you.

Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Irritating scars after lift

can be improved with steroid injections and using bras that do not put pressure on the scar, avoiding underwire completely and even going to bralettes if they will be good enough for you.  Ask your surgeon if steroid injections will help you.

Curtis Wong, MD

At this time, steroid injections may be considered to minimize scar tissue irritation. Steroid injections can however thin your skin.  Consult with your surgeon to see if steroid injections appropriate treatment for your scar.  Hope this helps.

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS