Has anyone seen an occurrence of contracture in a strattice + textured Sientra patient? (Photo)

I got my cc revision. Capsolectomy, Keller funnels, strattice + textured Sientras. I am really happy with the results so far! I was worried the textured ones would not look natural. But they look really natural! I'm hoping they stay like this! My ps said he's had about a 1% recurrence of cc in strattice patients, and he's only been doing Sientra for 6 months but hasn't had a recurrence yet, tho I kno that's too soon to call... Has any1 personally seen a cc in a strattice + tex Sientra patient?

Strattice and recurrent capsules

In my experience, I have used Strattice, after capsulectomies for capsular contracture and implant replacement for over six years now. I have yet to see a recurrent capsule using this technique. Best of luck to you.

Recurrence of contracture after Strattice placement

I have used Strattice or Alloderm for capsular contracture in over 200 patients over the past 8 years and have yet to have a recurrence.  Texturization should decrease vs increase the risk.  I do not believe there are major manufactural differences that would change or influence the outcome.  The further out the better but most recurrences occur within the first 6-12 months.

Dr B

Bradley Bengtson, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Has anyone seen an occurrence of contracture in a strattice plus textured sientra patient?

I have used strattice many time with both smooth wall and textured implants.  As of today, I have not had a recurrence of encapsulation.  Recurrence is still a slight possibility.  Follow up with your surgeon as he recommends.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Has anyone seen an occurrence of contracture in a strattice + textured Sientra patient?

Yes, I have had two recurrences thus far of encapsulation after using the technique you describe.  Patients undergoing surgery for encapsulation should understand that, despite best efforts, recurrence is still a possibility. Best wishes for a long-term successful outcome.

Has anyone seen an occurrence of CC in Strattice with textured implant

I have used Strattice several times to treat capsular contrature even with a smooth implant and have had great success.  I haven't used it enough times to tell you a percentage of patients who have recurrence of CC with Strattice (which I think is more important than using textured implants), but I was able to find an abstract presented at the aesthetic meeting in 2013 which showed no recurrence of CC at 4 years in 76 patients who had an ADM (acellular dermal matrix) such as Strattice used.  It sounds like you and your plastic surgeon have made all the right decisions so far.  Best of luck with your continued recovery!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon