Does this look normal? (photos)

I'm about 11 weeks post op from mommy makeover. I think this is a stitch, is this normal below my breast? Should I try to pull it out? I'm on vacation and not seeing my ps until 6 months post op. And I have been putting biocorneum ointment on my breast scars and on my tummy tuck every other day. Should I be using the ointment more than that? And if I pull stitch out, can I still use ointment?

See your surgeon

It is not recommended for you to pull the stitch out yourself. Please call your surgeon and try to see him/her immediately. 

Is that a stitch?

I wouldn't recommend doing anything to it yourself.  Wait until you are able to see your plastic surgeon and have he/she address it then.  Best of luck!

Post-Op Mommy Makeover Healing

Congratulations on your mommy makeover, and I hope that the rest of your healing is going well. If this mark is of concern to you then my best recommendation would be to see your surgeon right away to confirm in person whether this is a problem or not. Good luck to you.

Wound healing following a Mommy make over.

• Hello, and thank you for your questions and your photo. It does appear to be an old spitting suture. I would recommend that you follow up with her treating physician as soon as she return for your vacation. Best of luck.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby

It looks like a stitch , best is to apply an antibacterial ointment every day and have it removed by your surgeon when you get back from your vacation. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy make-over - stitch emerging under breast

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• I am glad things have otherwise gone well.
  • On your return from your vacation, you should see your surgeon to have the suture removed.
  • It is fine to cut a suture short, but generally not wise to try to remove it yourself.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS