Almost 4 months post op mommy makeover. Feels so weird without girdle. Do I have to not wear it?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 3
You probably will want to work on rebuilding some of your own abdominal muscles after being in the #girdle for so long. However, I see no problem in continuing to wear your #garment at this time after your #mommymakeover.
Please ask your #boardcertified plastic surgeon what they recommend.
Mommy make-over - why can't I wear the girdle at 4 months
- Nurses are wonderful professionals but surgeons know more about the surgery they do.
- If you were my patient, I would tell you to wear the garment as long as it is comfortable and you find it helpful.
- I have had occasional patients who wear a garment for 6 months.
- Girdles do reduce the work your own muscles do - so be sure to get exercise.
- The weird feelings are probably from swelling around the nerves to the skin.
- Unless your own plastic surgeon tells you to not wear the garment and why not - it does not seem unreasonable to continue to wear it.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.