Almost 4 months post op mommy makeover. Feels so weird without girdle. Do I have to not wear it?

I feel more comfortable with girdle on but I was told by a famous plastic surgeons, RN to not wear it anymore. But without it is can't wear jeans and I cannot have sex without the girdle on either. Is this normal? I can't explain the weird feeling.

Girdle?

You probably will want to work on rebuilding some of your own abdominal muscles after being in the #girdle for so long.  However, I see no problem in continuing to wear your #garment at this time after your #mommymakeover.
Please ask your #boardcertified plastic surgeon what they recommend.

Dr derby

I feel you can use the girdle as long as you feel comfortable wearing it. discuss this with your surgeon as well. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy make-over - why can't I wear the girdle at 4 months

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over compression garment.
  • Nurses are wonderful professionals but surgeons know more about the surgery they do.
  • If you were my patient, I would tell you to wear the garment as long as it is comfortable and you find it helpful.
  • I have had occasional patients who wear a garment for 6 months.
  • Girdles do reduce the work your own muscles do - so be sure to get exercise.
  • The weird feelings are probably from swelling around the nerves to the skin.
  • Unless your own plastic surgeon tells you to not wear the garment and why not - it does not seem unreasonable to continue to wear it. 
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS