Micro-needling best treatment for this scar? (Photo)

2 months ago I had contact dermatitis from neopsporin. My derm didn't tell me to keep the wound wet and it went through vicious cycle of cracking and bleeding which created a bigger wound than what I had and now lead to this redness and scar. I've done a bit of reading on micro-needling for atrophic scars. Would that be the best path for improvement here? Is the procedure best on newly scared skin? Would it help the redness? Any and all advice much appreciated!

Could be a great option

Microneedling is also known as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT). The tiny needles used during the procedure create controlled micro-injuries. The skin responds to the injuries by producing new collagen which essentially fills in the scar. New and old scars are treatable. Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (redness) is reduced as well. In general, multiple treatments are needed and results are dependent upon the severity of the scars.

Micro-needlingh treatment for facial scars

In my office, we have had excellent results treating facial scars such as yours by doing medical micro-needling combined with human growth factor serums. We use motorized micro-needling machines because they are the most effective way to get clean, more evenly distributed punctures. I prefer the ProCell Therapies system which combines motorized micro-needling with concentrated human growth factor serums made from stem cells from human bone marrow. Our patients also use ProCell Therapies’ growth factor serum at home after the office treatment.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Microneedling for a lip scar

Microneedling and fractional laser may help with texture. At this time, I would just apply Plato's Scar Serum to help allow the skin to heal a bit more. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS