Male pattern baldness, can I wait 3 months? Or should I start rogaine now? (photos)

I am currently abroad, and will not return back home to the states until the beginning of January. This is the current state of my hair, would it be a bad decision if I wait until I'm back to see a doctor about medication for this?

Male pattern baldness, can I wait 3 months? Or should I start rogaine now?

Thank you for posting your question. The best next option you have would be to either start on a regimen of Minoxidil 5% topical on to the crown, and second option is try to see if you can get a Rx from a clinic that can prescribe you Finesteride until your return back to the states. Thank you again, hope this helps.

Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

Early hair loss

You have little to lose starting on 5% minoxidil twice daily. You can obtain it without prescription. Using it can often give your hair specialist some idea of what to recommend next. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Early balding

The type of crown changes you are experiencing will be slow. Minoxidil will help but finaseride will possibly reverse it if you are under 30 years old

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon