How long before you know if you have a Q-deformity after alar reduction?

3 wks post-rhino and had alar reduction to bring down one nostril that was higher & flared. He used a weir excision technique and I can see that the line/incision where it goes into my nostril is very deep. The scar on the outside crease is not visible. Will it plump up over time or stay deep/indented? Side note, it did not bring my nostril down.

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Post alar reduction deformity

depending on how much work was done with the rhinoplasty, you likely still have a lot of swelling that distorts your nose. Alarplasty, when done correctly, can have very nice results, but results do take time. Given that you also had a rhinoplasty at the same time, my guess (without photos) is that you still have significant swelling and I wouldn't make any judgements yet. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon