How long after recovery before I can have the scar fixed? Which procedure would likely be the most effective? (Photo)

I was bitten by a dog on my nose and fear or will scar. The doctors refused stitching even after my request. How long after recovery before I can have my scar fixed? What is the best way to fix a scar on the nose? Would lasers be effective. I'll update as it heals. Plus how often should I wash and change the dressing? Is there any care or precautions I can take now to prevent the damage from furthering?

Scar therapy for a dog bite

Local wound care is best. When the skin heals, I would start scar therapy immediately. Textural and contour problems should be addressed quickly. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Once the wound is healed, non-invasive laser treatments are the best options for diminishing facial scars. Fraxel Re:Store is particularly effective with different skin types. I suggest consulting an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer.