Liposuction - What is the Key to a smooth, even result?

Hi - I am a 34 year old male having Vaser Liposuction on my abdomen, love handles and flanks in a few days. I am using a Board Certified surgeon with 30+ years worth of experience. As I begin to have anxiety about the procedure, I am worrying about not obtaining a smooth result. Images of Tara Reid's stomach keep coming back into my head. Wanted to ask the Doctor community what they think the keys are to a good Liposuction outcome, both genetic, procedurally and post-operatively. Thanks!

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest seeing an expert with expertise in hi def 4D contouring.  Especially in younger athletic men you need someone who knows how to contour and shape.  Best, Dr. Emer.

How to get consistent good results

The key to getting smooth results are technical competence. I don't know how else to explain it. The liposuction cannula needs to be moved in the sweeping manner continuously to avoid indentations. Experience determines how much fat to be removed. I personally prefer performing these procedures without a general anesthesia and find that my results are substantially improved especially in the flank areas when patients are awake because of my ability to properly position my patients during the procedure. My practice is devoted exclusively to liposuction in for transfer. There is a disturbing amount of mediocre liposuction being done.  I can tell you from my experience that my results improved dramatically when I begin some specializing in no leave his procedure. There was no substitute to doing thousands of the same procedure. I hope your doctor as a board-certified plastic surgeon. Being board-certified is irrelevant if it does not pertain to the field of medicine being practiced. For example a board-certified psychiatrist has no business doing liposuction though legally it's possible for them to do any surgical procedure. It's not all that different than anything else in life. Some people are good at what they do and others not so much. Hopefully the surgeon you chose has a proven track record, it's properly trained and will give you the results you were hoping to achieve. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

VASER Liposuction--Final results

Without photos provided it is difficult to determine whether or not you are a candidate for VASER Liposuction. The results vary from patient to patient and depending upon the surgeon performing the procedure. I suggest confirming that you feel comfortable with the results your surgeon has shown you of past patients who have with a similar body type who have undergone this same surgical procedure. I always tell my patients to NOT gain weight after liposuction. Liposuction and weight managment are 2 different things. Just having liposuction to remove fat is a great procedure, but maintaining a healthy diet and a good exercise routine is the key to final results. Aftercare and wearing your post care garment is very important. If you still have questions or feel anxious; that is normal. However consult with another surgeon if you feel uncomfortable with your decision moving forward. Please seek a consultation with an expert in body contouring and body sculpting for optimal results. Best, Dr. Berger

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician