I did smart lipo my stomach last friday, but I still have a gut? (Photos)

I'm 32 y/o male, active Last Friday I had smartlipo done on my stomach, As I always had problem with my stomach. I trydiet , etc, it didn't work , so I decided to do smartlipo. its only been 6 days, still swelling, but my gut still comes out?, is that normal? They took about 600-700 cc. but my stomach still comes out as i have a gut. I asked the doctor why my stomach still comes out if we took a lot fat, He said it could be internally, my question, is that normal until it heals? PLEASE HELP?

This is very normal

two facts to help you. 

1) it can take up to 2 months to see the difference and you will continue to improve for 6 months!!!! you need to be much more patient. most of your improvement will come after 2 months, so it is way too early to stress out.

2) For men especially - we tend to hold a lot of our fat behind the muscle wall and this is not treatable by any kind of liposuction or a tummy tuck - only diet and exercise

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring -- MALE Liposuction

I wish your physician would have talked to you about proportion, as your sides and chest have a lot of fat now compared to your stomach.  stomach results will not be seen for months, although you have visceral fat (internal fat) that makes your stomach stick out more than normal and that will not be improved with lipo.  If you wanted a contouring result or more definition/six pack you may need a VASER HI DEF 4D approach.  Best, Dr. Emer.

You have visceral (internal) fat causing a beer belly appearance

Visceral fat is fat around your internal organs which pushes the abdominal wall and muscles outward. This can be reduced by diet and exercise only. Lipo only removes fat on the surface. This internal fat cannot be removed with liposuction.

Gut after SmartLipo®

Dear Someone3300,

Thank you for your pictures.  This "gut" may represent swelling or internal fat.  Internal fat should have been recognized at your consultation and explain what it was and that there is NO cosmetic treatment for it.  The best thing to do now is to wait for complete healing in 3 months and re-evaluate.

All the best.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS; Certified American Board of Plastic Surgery

Healing process

The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. It can easily take 6 months or more to see results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#liposuction #drdeanvistnes #realself

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo on abdomen area!

Smartlipo is a minimal invasive procedure that has very short downtime! The understanding of the healing process is very important though. You see your best results with smartlipo in 90 days (3 months). During this time you could consider using a detox method to help reduce excess fluid and just for a overall great cleanse! Also making sure you are eating correctly and increase your water intake will help tremendously. The laser is going underneath your skin and just like if your recieved a bruise on  your knee it take a few days to a week to week for the bruise to go away. That's the same with the smartlipo. You will have some minimal bruising and swelling but give it time be patient you will see the amazing results of Smartlipo! I hope this helps you on your journey!:)

Chaitali Nangrani, MD
The Woodlands Family Physician