I got rhinoplasty 18 months ago and it seems that my noise is still swollen. (photos)

Should I wait longer or get revision surgery?

It's probably not really swollen. You need to decide how much more change you want. See the morph I made.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Click on the "Web reference" link, just below my response, or go here:

FacialSurgery.com/RealSelf/RealSelf_dweisburd.html

I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that could be possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

Your nose doesn't appear to have residual swelling, and at 18 months we wouldn't expect there to be any visible swelling. If your nose is still larger than you want it to be, then you would have to consider whether a revision operation is right for you. 

In general, revision is okay if you want to see a large change from where your nose is right now: it's not a great idea to do a revision for only a tiny change. In the morph, I made a substantial elevation of the tip of the nose, and I brought the entire nose back closer to your face. If you look at that and think I matched what you're looking for, then you are a reasonable candidate for a revision. On the other hand, if you don't like the morph because it's way too much change, then maybe you should just leave the nose alone.

You didn't post "before" photos. Is the nose a lot better than it was before, or was there only a disappointing amount of change in the first rhinoplasty?

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

Your swelling should be gone in 12 months after primary rhinoplasty, but can be longer after revision rhinoplasty.  You need to compare your before and after photos to truly determine the changes.  Good luck!

I got rhinoplasty 18 months ago, and it seems that my nose is still swollen.

From the limited photos presented, their nose appears fairly normal. If the tip is still swollen, talk to your operative surgeon about taping and cortisone shots placed in this tip of the nose. The side profile photograph also reveals the weak and recessive chin profile which makes the nose look bigger than it really is. Consider a chin implant to augment the mandible to help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the projection of the nose. For more information  and many examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below