I have had an operation for appendicitis about 14 years ago. Is it possible for me to go with Vanquish?

I have had an appendectomy when I was young, about 14-15 years ago and I have surgical scars (about 4 cm) above my pubic bone. I want to try Vanquish, is it possible for me to try Vanquish? and I also have a hyperthyroidism. is it still possible? Thank you very much!

Can I get Vanquish after an appendectomy 14y ago?

Hi,I would just check that you do not have any metal close to the surface of the skin from your previous appendectomy.  It would be best to obtain a copy of your previous surgery to verify but otherwise if there is no metal, you should be safe with Vanquish.
Warmly,Dr. Liu

Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Vanquish

A previous appendectomy should not limit your ability to get vanquish. I would verify that you do not have any surgical clips placed. Thyroid disease is again, not a limiting issue. You should be able to be treated safely with the Vanquish ME.

Alan B. Brackup, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Vanquish is still a safe treatment following an appendectomy and hypothyroidism.

Vanquish is a very safe treatment that simply increases the temperature of the fat causing fat cells to go away permanently.  The treatment will not affect the appendectomy area or scar and will have no adverse effects on your Thyroid condition.  Be sure to get your thyroid condition under control with a good doctor.  Hypothyroidism can affect your weight. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Vanquish Treatment

Vanquish is a localized heating of the skin/soft tissue, you should have no issue with this procedure because of your medical history. I suggest consulting with an expert for an in person evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer.