Am I good candidate for Asian rhinoplasty? If so, which procedures would you recommend? (photos)

I dislike the bump on the bridge of my nose and how flat/bulbous it looks when I smile. Which procedure(s) do you think would help achieve a slimmer/longer nose without looking unnatural?

Asian Rhinoplasty

Based on your photos, it does appear that refining the tip of your nose and creating more height and projection to the bridge and tip of your nose will make a nice change to your overall appearance. One thing to keep in mind though is that there is a limitation to the amount of tip refinement you can achieve (how small/narrow) because of the thickness of your skin.
Asian rhinoplasty is an exceptionally challenging and demanding operation both technically and aesthetically. To achieve the best results in the safest, most predictable manner requires experience, technical excellence and artistry.  There are a variety of techniques and philosophies when it comes to reshaping the nose during Asian rhinoplasty. One of the most important technical differences between surgeons is the use of artificial implants versus using your own tissue. I feel very strongly that the best way to achieve safe, permanent results is with tissue from your own body.
Consult with an experienced Asian rhinoplasty specialist and look carefully at his/her Before/Afters to find a surgeon with the aesthetic that matches yours.

Close rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. From the two pictures, it seems that you are a potential candidate for a Rhinoplasty. The Rhinoplasty procedure can address the bump on the bridge and tip of your nose. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty

All rhinoplasty is ethnic to some degree so keep this in mind when seeking expert advice.  From what I can see I would probably elevate the root of the nose with diced cartilige wrapped in temporalis fascia (from above the ear behind the hairline) , lower the hump ever so slightly, reduce and support the tip with cartilige under the tip and slight narrowing of the width of the nostrils keeping them more round to preserve your natural beauty. Proper imaging will help you achieve your goal.

Asian Rhinoplasty

It appears that you are a good candidate for Asian Rhinoplasty surgery.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Asian Rhinoplasty

Hi Ericuhlee,
From what I see from you picture, you are a great candidate for the asian rhinoplasty. In-person consultation to evaluate the area is best but from looking at your pictures,  hump reduction, possible infracture of the nasal bridge, and tip and alar reduction will give you slimmer and long nose without looking unnatural. Please refer to some of my before and after pictures of asian rhinoplasty. 

Peter Newen, MD

Am I A Good Candidate For An Asian Rhinoplasty?

You are an excellent candidate for an Asian rhinoplasty.  
The most important procedure in any Asian rhinoplasty is finding the right plastic surgeon with a great deal of experience in the natural and subtle improvements in the non-Caucasian nose.  You need a Board Certified plastic surgeon who listens closely to what you want, but also helps guide you to the necessary subtle improvements that you will be satisfied with for the rest of your life.  
If you were my patient, I would correct your bimaxillary retrusion (the way your upward lip slangs backward towards your nose) with a peri-pyriform implant invented by Dr. Robert Brink.  Your dorsal hump can be easily rasped.  The tip of your nose can be made less round by cartilage placed in the columella (the strip of skin between your two nostrils).  This will also allow a little columella show (allows the columella to be seen from the side since it is now up inside your nose).  Finally, I would narrow the base of your nose by using a circlage, a suture placed in the upper lip bringing the nostrils together.  This was first described by Dr. Ronald Gruber of Oakland, California.  
Do your research on the internet.  Look at reviews and before & after pictures.  The good news is San Francisco and it's environs have some of the best Asian rhinoplasty surgeons in the world.

Am I a Good Candidate for an Asian Rhinoplasty ?

You are a good candidate for rhinoplasty surgery which can be done to eliminate your hump and correct what appears to be some asymmetry of your bridge. Your tip can be refined; in most Asian noses this is accomplished by changing the contour of the tip cartilages and frequently adding a cartilage graft to provide support and definition to classically soft cartilages.

Closed approach Asian rhinoplasty

The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage and can be shaved down. Osteotomies of the nasal bones will then be required to narrow the bridge line. Thick skin in the tip of the nose will prevent significant refinement in that area. For many examples, please see  the link and the video below