Do I have enough fat to have a Brazilian Butt Lift done? (photos)

I have been trying to gain weight for this procedure. I want to get it done next summer. I have been gaining weight for the past 8 months. It's the "fattest" I have ever been, still trying to gain a little more though. I'm really a petite, slender person about 5'2, but need help getting the big, round, butt that I want! I see most of my fat being around my arms, stomach, love handles and back. Please let me know if you think I need to gain more fat?

Don't gain weight!

Do not gain weight for this surgery, period.  An experienced plastic surgeon will be able to find enough fat to give you a beautiful result.  

Do I have enough fat to have a Brazilian Butt Lift done?

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us.

My recommendation is that you find an ASPS board certified surgeon in your area who specializes in the BBL, and set up an in person consult. An in person consult with an an ASPS board certified surgeon is the only way to determine the best route for your body and your goals. Work with your surgeon to make sure they know the specific areas you want to add plump.

On some occasions patients who are devoid of the fat cells necessary for the BBL are asked to gain weight - based on your photos you may be an ideal candidate as it stands. The only way to know how to properly prep for your BBL is to meet with a board certified surgeon and discuss your goals in detail. 

It is all about designing the perfect plan for You.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

-Dr. Constantino Mendieta

Gaining weight for Brazilian butt lift

Gaining weight for Brazilian butt lift really doesn't work. Don't try to gaining more weight. Remember you getting ready to have a surgery. You need to be as healthy as possible before surgery. Gaining weight for the surgery does not make you healthy. The reason why gaining weight is only a temporary effect is because fat cells don't replicate. Were all born with a certain number of fat cells in certain locations. The problem areas have a high concentration of fat cells so when calories come in the body we store more weight in the problem areas. If fat cells replicated liposuction would not work! If we remove the fat cell with liposuction and a new cell grew  back in its place we would see no change at all after the liposuction. When you gain weight before this procedure you're moving the same number of fat cells but they're just bigger. After the surgery when you go back down to your normal weight the fat cells will shrink and the buttocks will go back down to the same size it would've been anyway. You can have a great result with a BBL. You have a curvy frame and after the surgery you will have a tiny waist and be extremely curvy. It'll be a great look it's not always about having so much fat it's really about having a waist that is narrower than your hips. Remember this is a surgery and you need to be as healthy as possible.

Wendell Perry, MD

I liposuction many thin women and produce nice results.  You do not need to gain any more weight.  Find a BBL expert who performs hundreds of BBLs each year and has great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Weight gain and the BBL

I don't subscribe to the idea of weight gain for the purpose of having a BBL. Reviewing your photo, It suggests you have sufficient fat stores to give a very nice appearance to the buttocks. The question is; Is the outcome, of the size you want to have? Discuss  this with your Plastic Surgeon in order that you appropriately manage your expectation; that your minds eye picture, overlaps well with the picture you see in the mirror 3 months post surgery.

BBL candidacy?

You could be a candidate for the BBL procedure, but a physical exam is really needed to make any recommendations. The amount of volume that can be added to your buttock will be limited by the amount of excess fat you have in your donor sites. The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

It is not typically recommended to gain weight for a cosmetic procedure such as a BBL. Many slender people are able to achieve nice results without gaining a lot of weight beforehand. Please consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to better understand your best options.

All depends on how much fat you want transferred

I don't think gaining more weight will make much of a difference.  At the same time it can't hurt .  Most of the fat will come from the abdomen, lower back, and flanks.  We also don't know how much fat your buttock area will allow to be placed.  Because of all of this I would start looking at consultations since the surgeon who will be doing your BBL will have to decide.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Brazilian butt lift in thin women

Dear Faithxo,

Based on the photos that you posted it appears that you have a good amount of fat in your love handle area;  enough to make a nice difference in the appearance of your gluteal area.  The combination of the results of the liposuction and fat transfer are additive and make for a very nice result.  I perform the procedure in patients that look very similar to you often. The most important thing is to understand your expectations and to examine you in person in order to decide if your expectations can be met with liposuction and fat transfer alone, or if an implant is necessary in addition. Seek consultation with a plastic surgeon who specializes in gluteal shaping.  Best wishes.