Any facial plastic surgeons familiar w/medical Botox in SF? I hope these docs can help me; my face stiffens up uncontrollably.

I stiffen my face uncontrollably. It makes me look MUCH worse/older/meaner than I am. It's been debilitating; people reject/mistreat me. I can only relax my face back to its previous look when I look in a mirror. Botox helps w/TMJ/facial paralysis. Can it help w/my face-stiffening & return my face to its previous youthful/friendly/better look? This is experimental, so I'll need someone familiar w/facial muscles & where to put Botox. Also, I have other problems w/my face. I'm open to suggestions.

Medical Botox

It sounds like Botox will help but I suggest you get a workup to see if anything serious is occurring. also, you are in an area where there are a great deal of great doctors and one of the first to use Botox is Dr. Richard Glogau in San Francisco.

Nashville Dermatologist

Facial stiffening

Hi there, I hope you have had the chance to meet with a neurologist and/or dermatologist for evaluation. I am curious if the face twitches or just tightens and if your problem afects only one side of the face of both. I do agree you should have a work up before you consider how to treat this. I have seen patients with a vascular loop around their facial nerve present with problems similar to what you are describing on one side of the face only. Skin tightening can happen in some skin conditions and could affect both sides.  Good luck. 

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

My Face Hardens, Can Botox Help -- "I have Resting Bitch Face"

Botox is not your solution at this time. suggest you see a neurologist fist to determine there are no medical issues. Then consider cosmetic options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Facial paralysis

It would be my recommendation that you speak with a neurologist first before you attempt to use any neuromodulators, such as Botox, for the condition you are describing. It may be necessary to work with a neurologist to better ascertain a diagnosis before you undergo cosmetic procedures.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician