Can facial liposuction and facial fat grafting be done at the same time?

I have a chubby lower face, weak chin and small forehead. I want to undergo facial liposuction to make my lower face less heavy and fat grafting to my chin, cheekbones, and forehead to make my overall face more heart shaped. Is it possible? Will it be dangerous to have these two procedures done at the same times? Thanks!

Can I Have Facial Liposuctin and Facial Fat Grafting at the Same Time?

Yes, you can because the fat removed and the fat added are in different areas. It is more a question of comfort for you and since you are having a fairly extensive procedure, you might want to go to sleep for it. For more limited fat grafting, cheeks, periorbital areas, it is usually done with local aesthetic.

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Facial liposuction

Facial liposuction can definitely be performed including buccal fat pad excision at the same operation as fat grafting is performed. It is safe and performed frequently.

Fred Suess, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting - to Face

VASER Hi definition liposuction can be performed to the jawline/neck for contouring, with fat transfer to the other areas you mentioned. I love results of fat grafting when its done well.  I suggest someone who uses water assisted harvesting without centrifugation and with adding PRP. Please consult with a facial sculpting expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Facial liposuction and fat transfer

both of these procedures should be done at the same time.

There is no added risk to having them done together.

If anything they will complement each other.

The fat transfer may require a little bit more fat than what's harvested from your facial liposuction.if that's the case then the surgeon may perform liposuction another area like the abdomen only for the purpose of harvesting fat for facial for transfer.

These are usually very small amounts usually about 10-30ml of fat at most.
There are some in here to limitations and both of these procedures.

I'm glad you arty have an understanding of the importance of skeletal structures such as chin weakness etc.
Fat transfer does not give a substantial amount of chin volume.

The reason for this is the limitation of how much volume can be added during any one single procedure.
The gold standard is a chin implant.

I can understand why some people are reluctant to have implants placed.
Another option is to use a fillers.

These are much more forgiving, safe and accurate.
There is an extremely talented facial plastic surgery in who specializes  in these procedures.

I would be happy to forward his name if you would like.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Facial fat grafting and facial liposuction done simultaneously?

Thank you for your question.  It is impossible to give a precise answer without a face-to-face examination or at least the opportunity to review photographs.  In general, changes to a face can be quite dramatic through buccal fat pad excision and liposuction of the submental (under the chin) area.  Sometimes patients improve their contour by transfer of fat grafts to the chin and malar eminences but in other cases where the need is more dramatic I recommend placement of a chin implant.
For patients with a history of round cheeks I prefer buccal fat pad excision and try to avoid liposuction of the cheeks due to the fact that thinning of the subcutaneous layer results in some people in the development of wrinkles that did not appear present before.  Buccal fat pad excision avoids this and in my opinion should be your first step.
Meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon or ENT/facial plastic surgeon to discuss options to enable you to make your best selection.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Facial liposuction and fat grafting

Thanks for your question.
The two procedures are frequently combined and is a powerful way to reshape or restore the face.  The best way to ensure you receive the results you are looking for is to see a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in the procedures.
Best Dr. L

Andre Levesque, MD