Estimated bra size after removing 410cc during breast reduction?

I'm 5'2" and 163lbs and I underwent BR surgery about a week and a half ago. I wanted to be about a small C cup size. I was a 36DD/D. They removed 406g from one side and 410g from the other. What would be an estimate of the final bra size I'd be ? Thank you.

Breast reduction in Melbourne, Florida

I generally advise my Melbourne, Florida, breast reduction patients that with regards to final size, bra size or cup size is a completely unreliable end point due to the fact that it is not consistent from one brand or manufacturer to the next.  Therefore, I would focus more on the end point as being a size that is proportionate to the patient.  I hope this information is helpful.  Best of luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Bra sizes cannot be guaranteed with a reduction

as the only guarantee is that you will be smaller.  Most of my reduction patients have D cups unless they specifically wanted to be smaller and hence, my resection more aggressive.  All you can do at this time is focus on healing and if you're larger than you desired, you can discuss options with your surgeon on how best to give you the outcome you want.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast size after breast reduction

It is difficult to predict a specific bra size.  You will probably be close to your desired bra size, but I would focus more on whether you are happy with the actual size of your breasts.  Keep in mind though, that there is probably some swelling this soon after surgery, and the final size will take a several months to see.

David S. Chang, MD

After removing this amount of breast tissue, you may be a full C or small D.

Fred Suess, MD

Impossible to Determine

Bra cup sizes can not be predicted based on implant volume added or breast tissue weight removed. Keep you focus on whats really important: how you look in the mirror, not what bra you will be wearing. Keep in mind that you are swollen and will continue to shrink 10% to 20%. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Estimated bra size after removing 410 cc during breast reduction?

Unfortunately, since breast tissue density and therefore weight can vary, it is difficult to say what size your breast will be based solely on the weight of tissue removed.  You probably have some swelling post op and in may take 6 to 12 weeks to see your final size.  Wait at least 6 weeks before buying new bras.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon