Two dents / a lump after Vaser Lipo - worried! (photos)

Hello - two weeks post recovery from Vaser lipo on my abdomen from a Board Certified PS with tons of experience. I have developed a lump and two dimples on my right upper abdomen. I know it is early in the healing process but does this look normal? Do these types of irregularities tend to resolve? I am 35 and my skin tone was good going Into the procedure. I'm a little nervous about this as it just appeared. Initially the lipo looked great in this area.

VASER 4D HI DEF abdomen liposuction post-operative lumps and bumps revision liposuction recovery dents

Hi Ritzta, Thank you for your pictures and your questions regarding a lump and two dents after VASER liposuction of your abdomen.  After VASER liposuction, abdominal irregularities are common.  Since you are only two weeks after your VASER abdominal liposuction, it is way too early to tell anything.  Since you are concerned, I would suggest you follow up with your plastic surgeon.  It is important to be sure to these lumps and dimples are not seromas. Seromas are collections of fluid which need to be drained.  Typically, most lumps, dimples and irregularities caused by VASER liposuction resolve with time. This has to do with the skin shrink wrapping around the underline muscles. I would highly encourage wearing foam padding and a tight compression garment for six weeks. Additionally, I highly encourage lymphatic massage 2 to 3 times a week for the first three weeks.  If you have any questions regarding VASER liposuction, please do not hesitate to contact my office at (310) 859-7770. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen.  

Postlipo dents

Irregularities can occur after liposuction of any form. Sometimes too much fat was removed from an area or the cannula got closer to the skin, thus causing early scar tissue under the skin. Post-liposuction massage with modalities such as ultrasound and radiofrequency will help reduce inflammation and early scarring. Please consult with your surgeon to address these concerns. 

Moises Salama, MD

Post Vaser recovery

Thank you for your question and photos.Initial recovery after Vaser liposculpting (swelling, bruising, leakage, pain, numbness) can take up to 42 days, contour irregularities and skin retraction can take up to 6 months to settle.These statistic were shown in follow up studies of 120 patients following Vaser treatment. Furthermore longst recovering patints were those who had Mid def to High def procedures.On average 5 post-operative follow up treatments like lymphatic manual drainage massage and machine derived therapies were sufficient to help recovery for most, but slower recovering people benefited form additional 3 sessions.Sponge padded compression garment is very useful to help with contour irregularities an exercises involving stretching (lik swimming).You surgeon will be able to advise yo on the best rehabilitation options.

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

In my practice especially for vaser 4D contouring everyone gets lymphatic massage, hyperbaric oxygen, customized compression and RF treatments such as venus legacy/exilis and cellutone to ensure no seroma, scar tissue or excessive swelling.  Please speak to your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.