Cowlick or Bald Spot?

I noticed around the back of my temple area a thin spot. I had grafts put there in 06/2014 as I suffered from Norwood 2 loss. My hair is curly and some of the curls are bending to the right and some to the left in that area. About a week and a bit ago I took a picture of the top of my head to send to a transplant doctor as I wanted more grafts and this thin looking spot wasn't there. Is it possible to thin so quickly? I'm also on avodart.

Thin Spot on Scalp

You should definitely be seen in person by a qualified hair restoration specialist that can do a microscopic follicular exam and determine the reason for your loss.  It could be that you have an auto-immune disorder with your body attacking the hair follicles. In these cases sometimes I also perform a biopsy to rule out other causes aside from androgenic alopecia.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Can't say

I always advocate a DIAGNOSIS before TREATMENT.
Maybe your hair loss progressed and you do not have a Norwood 2 pattern.  
No real way to tell without an exam.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thinking area after transplant

You need to see your doctor for a follow up visit.  This may not be related to your hair transplant if you lost it so quickly.  Make sure the area is not caused by an autoimmune problem before you commit to your second transplant. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

One year after a hair transplant

As you have been on Avodart, I would expect that you have not lost hair in the area where the hair existed prior to your surgery. I would ask:  Did all of the hair transplanted grafts take?  What were the results at 7 months following the hair transplant? Is the "thin looking spot" you are talking about a new spot?  I need to see pictures of you and have a conversation with your prior to give you an answer.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon