Clear discharge in left breast 18months post op. Capsular contracture confirmed. Why discharge now?

I went with Dr David Kim in Beverly Hills for a silicone under muscle BA Dec 2014. Confirmed CC left breast in March 2016 During my 1+ year follow up. tried singular and massage. It didn't work but past 2 weeks been aggressively massaging left breast. It actually gotten noticeably harder/stiffer. Last night I noticed clear discharge from the left nipple. It only discharges when I squeeze nipple real hard. Ill stop massaging (no help) few days and see if it's resolved. I'll post pics tonight.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.
Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend  the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Nipple discharges

can occur from a variety of reasons.  If it persists, you should talk to your surgeon or primary physician for further advice as an exam and possibly tests on the fluid to determine what it is.  As for a contracture, if its progressing, you are looking at having another procedure in an attempt to resolve your challenging problem.

Curtis Wong, MD

Capsular Contracture

Hello,Unfortunately, there are no non-surgical treatments that are effective in treating capsular contracture.  Massage is frequently prescribed as though it is important in the prevention of capsular contracture, which it is not.  In fact, not only is massage ineffective at the prevention or treatment of capsular contracture, women become so desperate that they hurt themselves doing it. Frequent or vigorous massage can trigger milk production and nipple discharge. Capsular contracture is the result of bacterial contamination of the implant, with formation of biofilm on its surface. The only effective treatment is surgical. The most effective technique is total en bloc capsulectomy through an inframammary incision (to help prevent recontamination). You can stop the medication and massage now. Plan on surgery with a ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon that specializes in revision breast surgery.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Clear discharge from nipple in breast with capsular contracture

Based on your story, I would avoid massaging your breasts further as I don't think it will help. I think it is likely that you will need further surgery to remove the capsule as well as your implant and place a new implant.  I think the clear discharge from the nipple will stop once you stop massaging the breast. As long as you're not having any fevers, chills, or redness to the breast, I wouldn't be too concerned. I would bring this to the attention of your plastic surgeon so that he/she can  examine you and give you further advice. Best regards.