Do you think this buttock implant incision will heal on its own? If not what are your recommendations? (Photos)

Curious as to if you think this will heal on its own? If so what's the realistic time expectation. My dr. Has told me 1-2 weeks twice now during 2 different weekly visits. I just started wearing the compression garment again but I feel like the stepping in motion in addition to bending down to pick up the straps isn't helping. I was also concerned about the implants being infected and got a second opinion. Both my dr and the second one said that there are no signs of infection.

Buttock implants

I would recommend that you see your surgeon immediately regarding your open incision.  Having an open incision leaves your buttock at risk for infection. 

Healing of buttocks incision

Your buttocks incision will heal with appropriate antibiotics guided by cultures as well as aggressive dressing changes.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Buttock implant incision

I have found that a midline gluteal incision to be a highly effective incision. However, when it breaks down I would be concerned that there may be fluid collections (seroma) on one or both sides. An ultrasound would be a good way to evaluate if there is fluid collecting. When there is fluid collecting and it wants to get out, it will find it's way out through the incision which which cause the incision to start to break down.

Joshua Korman, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Buttock implant incisiin healing?

I abandoned the single gluteal cleft (aka "butt crack") incision over 6 years ago because of a > 35% wound healing complication rate. Typically, the wound looks good for the first couple weeks before it starts to break down and eventually open up. From here wound care with dressing changes twice a day are required for a variable amount of time (>1 month most commonly). Hopefully the implant does not become exposed in this process, necessitating removal. Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD