Why are bruises only now beginning to show, 4 days after outer thigh procedure?

I had coolsculpting done on my outer thighs 4 days ago. Bruising is just starting to show up. I am concerned it's going to continue to get worse. How long will it take for them to fade? Anything I can do to speed the healing process? I had no idea this would happen and have to be in a bathing suit in 10 days.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Bruising can happen even a few days after the procedure.
It will go away and won't effect your results 
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Arnica would be my recommendation

Bruising post CoolSculpting is not a super common occurrence but it is certainly a possibility, in order to get yourself bikini ready ASAP my recommendation would be that you go to a health foods store and purchase Arnica montana. My favorite is made by a company called VitaMedica, but any Arnica Montana product should help to make the bruising disipate faster. Also if the practice that delivered the service has a cutera laser you may be able to have them perform a genesis treatment to help further accelerate the healing process. Best of luck.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Coolsculpting and Bruising

Coolsculpting can cause localized bruising which can take up to two weeks to resolve.  I suggest you take Arnica since this will help the bruising resolve faster.

Bruising after CS

Usually the bruising will show up after the procedure but I would not worry about them getting worse.  Take some Arnica and stay away from things that can thin your blood like wine, Motrin, high-dose vitamins, etc.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Why are bruises only now beginning to show, 4 days after CoolSculpting?

Thank you for your question. It s normal to have some bruising and swelling after a CoolSculpting procedure. Bruises can typically take up to 2 weeks to completely fade.

Have a wonderful day.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Bruising After Coolsculpting

It is normal to get bruising from coolsculpting, that can last a few weeks and the inflammation even longer.  However, this typically resolves quickly and if you are concerned please speak to your physician.  Ultimate results are better with more inflammation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Bruising 4 days after CoolSculpting to outer thighs

It is possible to develop bruising after CoolSculpting but it will not affect your ultimate result.  Sometimes, bruising shows up immediately and sometimes it can take a few days to appear.  Normally, it does not last more than a few days and very rarely a week or so.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon