How much will breast change as swelling goes down? (photos)

I was 34B preop VS push up bra. I wanted to upgrade to 34 C no push up. I am one week post op and I find 34C looks too small.I got 350cc because I liked 325cc look and the doc told me that under muscle reduces the look by 20% so he will have to put 350cc to look like 325cc as end result. Basically I would prefer my beast slightly smaller size. Should I just wait for the swelling to go down and for the breast to soften or will the size mostly remains the same? Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Drop & Fluff

For the first few weeks you will have swelling and pressure in the chest tissues which can distort and displace implant volume for a time. As the breasts soften and expand, Implants tend to "Drop & Fluff" which doesn't mean that they grow per se, but the volume is relocated and breasts round out and expand in the lower poles.

I hope this helps

All the best

The change is immediate. The should expect the skin to soften and the implant to settle at about three months after surgery.

Thank you for your question.Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you (in any responsible fashion) with specific enough advise to be truly helpful. Given your concerns, you'll be best off seeking follow-up with your plastic surgeon, earlier that already scheduled if necessary, for in person evaluation.

Post Breast Augmentation Swelling

It is not unusual to experience swelling. Your #healing can continue for 2-3 months for the early period. This includes some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation may also be abnormal and scars will be evolve as well.
Be sure you're walking around the house periodically throughout the day. This will help minimize #swelling and #bruising and help with the #healing process. You do not want to lay in bed for days and days without some mild activity.
If my patients have concerns that their healing or pain are unusual, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.

Your results WILL improve

as your breasts soften and the implants settle.  Do not worry about the 25 cc difference (5 tsp) as I would have used a 360cc plus implant if you were in my office.  You should achieve results close to what you desired so focus on your healing and maintain the trust you have in your surgeon and allow yourself to heal, unhindered by negative energy or thoughts.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast changes

Thank you for your pictures and questions. You are still very early in the healing process. Your breasts will change dramatically over the first few months. It appears that you already have a nice shape and symmetry. Hang in there, and if you continue to have questions or concerns it's always best to follow up with your plastic surgeon.

How much will breast change as swelling goes down?

Thank you for your pictures and questions. Keep in mind that you are only one week postop. Many changes are going to take place and not only will the swelling change, but also the overall shape and appearance will change with time. I think that you have the potential to have an excellent result and I think that if you will wait 3-6 months, you are going to be very happy with your results. Stay in touch with your PS and follow his/her instructions.

Too Early to Tell

Your implants are sitting high and are not filling out the breasts yet. A process known as drop and fluff will dramatically change the appearance of your breasts. Be patient, it takes 3 to 4 months.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, advice, predictions, and/or meaningful reassurance.
Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pockets that was created during surgery and massaging the implants downward may assist in the dropping of the implants after surgery (for those patients who want to help with the settling of the implants). The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized.
Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.
As breast implants "settle", they tend to round out the lower breast poles. As this occurs, the nipple/areola complexes seem higher on each breast mound.
Again, best to follow your plastic surgeon for more specifics. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Early postop changes

Your feelings are very common. At your next visit, reach out to your surgeon to get the best perspective. I generally tell my patients that in the first week, most women will say they are too big, but by the end of the first month they are completely satisfied. You are not yet used to your new look. Be patient, your surgeon did a great job and I would bet you will be quite pleased.