Breast augmentation transaxillary hole. Is this ok? (photos)

Was looking at my underarm incisions and noticed a small hole. Looks fresh and just noticed it. Very little clear liquid around it. Breast augmentation. Transaxillary tiny hole in incision. Is this ok. Will it heal up on its own. What should I do? Two weeks post op

Speak to your plastic surgeon, it is best

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, different surgeons will use different techniques to close the wounds. There is no one way to do it. There is no one right way to do it either. Your wound has a complication that should be addressed properly. I am sure if you contacted your PS office they will be happy to answer this with the BEST answer.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi,

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Wound healing in the axilla

The grandstand has spoken and what you have appears to be nothing concerning and that it should resolve with good wound care.  If there are any adverse changes such as spreading redness or increase in drainage, you must see your surgeon if you already haven't done so. 

Wound healing in the axilla

Suture in incision

As others have stated, it does appear that its just a suture that is "spitting" out. Usually gets resolved with simple removal of the stitch. Follow up with your surgeon to have it evaluated.

Suture in incision

Incision opening

Thank you for the question and photo and you are probably "spitting " a stitch but see your surgeon for follow up care

Dr Corbin

Incision opening

Dr Corbin

Small healing problem

It looks like a small area of inflammation, that will just need a little extra wound care. Definitely follow up with your surgeon for advice on how to take care of the wound.

Small healing problem

Transaxillary hole

It looks like a minor separation- this could be either a small suture abscess (suture spitting) or even an infected hair follicle. Use some antibiotic ointment and have it checked by your surgeon when possible.

Transaxillary hole

Hole in incision

From the looks of your photo, this looks to be a small stitch abscess. It probably represents the not where the buried suture was tied. Nothing to worry about will heal on its own. Sometimes that portion of the stitch can be removed to facilitate healing. Antibiotic ointments are sometimes recommended as well. Ask your plastic surgeon what methods they like for this problem. Congratulation on your surgery hope the rest of your recovery is uneventful.

Hole in incision