Botox made my eyebrows uneven (can't raise one eyebrow). Suggestions? (photos)

I had 10 units injected in my forehead. It took too strongly in my left side, so I can't raise my left eyebrow. My right looks good. My doctor wants to inject 1-2 units in my forehead on the right to lower that brow to match. Another doctor suggested trying to raise back to left brow. What are my options? It's been 2.5 weeks since the injection.

Yes, matching them up is the best approach.

I agree with the first doctor's recommendation to add a bit more product to the right side of your face in order to raise it up and even out your results. Hope this helped!

Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Uneven brows after Botox

I would inject 2-3 units of Botox in your right forehead to even the brows. For future injections, you should decide which brow you like more. The injections could be done high in the forehead to retain some brow elevation, or be done a little lower to have the brows not move.

There is a fine line between just right and too much Botox effect. If too much is injected too low in the forehead, there is a risk of brow and eyelid sagging that no one likes.

Thank you for the excellent question. This is an issue that comes up frequently.

Botox and Results

Injecting 1-2 units on the right side of the forehead will give more improvement when trying to match with the left brow. Botox lasts 2-3 months so it will be a few weeks before you start to see change in your left eyebrow. Please see an expert for further treatment. Best, Dr. Emer

I would agree with putting just 2 units on the right side

you cannot make the left side higher by injecting more Botox. you can lower the right side slightly by a small dose of Botox. however, it is important to realize that it is not an exact science and it can be difficult to make them match exactly. 
good luck
david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

UNEVEN BROWS AFTER BOTOX

Getting more Botox 1 or 2 units on the right side of the forehead, will be enough to match the left brow, this will be more effective. You cannot raise the left brow with more Botox and the other option is to wait 4 to 6 weeks so the Botox effect wears off and then the left brow picks up again.

Uneven eyebrows after Botox

Botox is one of the safest and most commonly performed procedures. It's not perfect though.

Touch ups are a reality in any practice, especially for first time patients. Everyone responds slightly differently. Some patients have very strong muscles that require more units for a good response. Some of those strong muscles may dominate one side of the face. 

The safest approach is to undertreat the forehead, so your doctor has the option to add a few more units to balance out the result. Too much to start, leaves you waiting 3 months to start over again. Safety comes first!

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead Botox injection

At this point, the best option is probably to inject more Botox into the right forehead (frontalis muscle). This would bring the right brow lower, improving the symmetry between the two brows. The problem with this is of course that you will lose more function in your forehead. In the future, I would remind your injector of what happened and have them study your brows at baseline to see if there is any asymmetry that needs to be accounted for. 

Uneven Brows After Botox

10 units is a conservative amount. Not a bad approach as you can always add on and the only way to get rid of Botox is to wait it out. Your muscles on the right side may be stronger so an additional 2-3 units on that side may be the solution for you to improve symmetry. Your timing is perfect, as it can take up to 10 days for Botox to kick in.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Uneven eyebrows

at this point what you need is to even the eyebrows so that by having Botox injected to lower the right side they should be even. Be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to evaluate and perform the process

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Brow Asymmetry After Botox

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Sorry to hear about your experience.  Based on your photograph, I would suggest 2.5 units of Botox to your right lateral forehead in order to lower that brow to match the left side.  Please be sure to see an experienced injector for an in-person reevaluation to fully address your concerns in order to determine the best course of action.  Best wishes!