Botox around eye area

I am 25 years old and I have always have had sensitivity around my eye area. I have some fine lines that I dont want them to develop any further. Do you recommend I start getting botox as a preventative mechanism for wrinkles? What units do you think I should be getting around each eye? Also, do you recommend I go to a dermatologist or a surgeon for this? What is #1 factor for choosing someone regarding botox treatment? Thnx in advance.

Botox Around the Eyes. Who Should Do It?

Successful Botox injections are highly dependent on a thorough knowledge of facial muscular anatomy. The amount of Botox injected around the eyes is variable, and depends on the needs of the individual. In general, I will use between four and eight units to raise the lateral brow and treat laugh lines.  I strongly urge you to seek out a board-certified individual with a great deal of experience in facial injectables. 

Key West Plastic Surgeon

Botox

Yes, botox can be preventative. I think you are a good candidate. The results from botox are completely dependent on the skills of the injector. So I would make sure you see someone that has a lot of experience and knows the anatomy very well.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox for Wrinkles

Botox can work well to soften existing wrinkles as well as to prevent future ones from forming.  The treatment should be tailored to the individual but in general 10-15 units should work.  The number one factor for choosing someone is to seek a board certified expert injector regardless of whether they are a dermatologist, plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or occuloplastic surgeon.  The pioneers of Botox Cosmetic are a husband and wife team.  The husband is a dermatologist and the wife an occuloplastic surgeon.  They are the ones who put Botox on the map.

Jerome Potozkin, MD
Danville Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox treatment around the eyes

Thank you for the question. Botox and other neuro-toxins are excellent and slowing the development of wrinkles around the eyes, diminishing the lines already present and opening the eyes wider. The most experienced person to see for injections is an Oculoplastic Surgeon who treats blepharospasm patients and is certified as an " expert injector." Most physicians will give you excellent results. The units needed will be determined at consultation. Good luck.

I have some fine lines that I dont want them to develop any further. Do you recommend I start getting botox as a preventative m

Hi, we have used the neuro-toxins (Botox, Xeomin and Dysport) to reduce unwanted forehead, glabella and Crow's Feet lines for almost 30 years.  It's reasonable to do these treatments in order to prevent lines from getting worse.  Just be certain it's real and not a cheap knock off.  Start off with 10 units.

Botox around eye area

Thank you for submitting your question.  Botox is great for wrinkle prevention.  The amount of Botox in the crows feet will vary from 4-16 units per side.  Choose a board certified injector who has much experience.  Best Wishes

Botox to prevent crow's feet

Botox is the perfect solution to prevent crow's feet from developing around the eyes.  When you are young, Botox will help prevent wrinkles from starting, rather than just treating the wrinkles that have already formed.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.

Botox, Dysport, Xeomin

Neuromodulators such as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin are perfect to prevent early crow's feet from deepening. The amount needed depends on the individual.  A board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is an experienced injector would be able to determine the appropriate amount required.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Crows feet lines - Botox treatment

Botox, Dysport and Xeomin are excellent choices for treating early lines called crow's feet, around the eyes.  The number of units varies for each individual as there are different patterns and different sized areas that can be involved.  The units also vary between each neuromodulator.  Typically, 20-30 units of Botox or Xeomin are needed whereas Dysport is 50-75 units.

Botox was pioneered by Canadians and had its beginnings in the hands of Dermatologists and Ophthalmologists.  It is best to seek treatment with a physician whose specialty is naturally with the skin and has both an excellent artistic sense as well as knowledge and experience with Botox.  It can be helpful to get a recommendation from your family doctor.

Mark Lupin, MD
Victoria Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox dosing should be customized

Starting Botox in your twenties is a great preventive for wrinkles, especially if you are starting to develop crows feet already.  Of course, always wear sunscreen and sunglasses as well when outside to protect this area.  Doses vary from 6 units to 20 units per side, although 8-13u per side is the most common dosing.  Make sure to go to someone who customizes doses so you get the perfect dose for your face.  Dr. Kathleen Welsh is a fantastic board certified dermatologist and Botox expert in SF.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon