Asymmetrical face. My right side is weaker. What could I do to improve and how can I take action today? (Photo)

I want to improve my looks. I feel like I am decent looking. However there are things that bug me about my face. The right side of my face is weak and twisted compared to the left. Making me look quite hideous. I feel like if both sides matched up better it would make a drastic improvement in my life. I have sinuses and I think I could possibly have my insurance cover part of the costs. Do I need jaw and chin surgery in addition to rhinoplasty?

Facial asymmetry

Most importantly, know that you are not alone!  Facial asymmetry is the norm not the other way around. A bit of asymmetry is essential for faces that have been analyzed as beautiful. So be careful how you approach your concerns and discuss these issues with the plastic surgeon whom you see. Most of us would say you are more handsome than most people coming through our doors. The enemy of good is better...

Facial Asymmetry

To determine how best to address your facial asymmetry, good frontal non-smiling picture are needed as well as a 3D CT scan of your face. This would provide an accurate assessment of your anatomy and how best to improve your small right side of your face. It is not a question of whether chin and jaw surgery would be beneficial, it is just a question of what exact chin and jaw procedures are needed.

Asymmetrical face - chin implant - rhinoplasty?

Thanks for your questions. Given the pictures you provided, you do not look hideous from my perspective. However, your feelings are important.  

Moving forward, the pictures you provided make it difficult to answer the specific questions you have regarding potential nasal and chin surgery. 

Given the complexity of your concerns, you would be best served by having face to face consultation. 

Michael Kulick, MD, DDS