Any advice on how to correct the sagging on bottom of my butt? (Photo)

I had butt implants 4 & half months ago. I like the top of my butt, however, the bottom of my bum kinda sagging, worse than before the implants. I hope the implants could drop further to fill up the bottom part. Don't think that will be the case. Any suggestions or advices on how to correct it?

Correcting saggy buttock implants

You may need to get a body lift or revision of the implants to give your buttocks a more aesthetic shape and appearance.

Correction of sagging buttock bottom

Typically it is best to wait at least 6 months post-op for the implants to completely drop into their final resting position. If at this point there is still some residual sagging then a lower buttock tuck can be performed to remove any excess loose skin and smooth out the transition with the back of the thigh. Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Buttock Augmentation

Thank you for your question. The implant still has a little more time to drop into place.  If by the 6 month post op mark you still have sagging skin itll need to be adressed.   Your surgeon may suggest an intragluteal fold excision.  This involves trimming the excess skin from the bottom of the buttock and tucking it into the crease. It will leave you with a thin scar but most patients heal quite nicely.  My suggestion would be to put an oval shaped implant to fill up the extra space at the bottom of the buttock. This avoids additional scarring and will give you the result you desire. 

Revision Of Gluteal Augmentation

As a general rule of thumb, we prefer to delay any revision of gluteal implants until at least six months have elapsed from the time of the original surgery.  Examination of your pictures reveals that the right gluteal implant has descended a bit further than the left side, but it is still possible that both implants may continue to drop, and that would address some of your complaints about the lower poles of your buttocks. If further descent of your gluteal implants does not occur, it may be due to some scar tissue or slips of muscle acting as a sling beneath them.  This can sometimes be fixed by a brief revision surgery that can remove these impediments so that the gluteal implants can continue to drop.

Additional volume of the inferior buttocks can also be achieved with judicious fat grafting of this area.  After this fat transfer has expanded its volume, redundant skin from the inferior aspect of the buttocks can be excised, or deepithelialized, and advanced into the infragluteal crease to improve its contour and volume.  I suggest you return to your surgeon in a month or so to discuss what options might be available to address your concerns.

Peter Lee, MD, FACS