I am 6 days post op from lipo of abdomen, hips, back, thighs (inner and outer). My abdomen and back continue to swell more and more. I thought swelling would decrease by now. The swelling is so bad that I cannot use my abdominal garnet any more. Any thoughts?
6 days post op and swelling increasing.
Doctor Answers 5
Swelling after liposuction
Liposuction - still swelling after a week
- Swelling will continue for days after liposuction.
- Certain things make it worse - too much activity and too tight a garment.
- If your garment fitted well right after surgery, it will be too small now.
- Please contact your plastic surgeon and discuss the kind of garment you need and what if anything can be done to reduce the swelling.
- Although massage is said to work and it may, it does not work for everyone.
- The swelling is a biologic response to surgery than can be difficult to control.
- It will not fully subside for at least 6 months.
Post liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression
You might also like...
Liposuction - Post Op Swelling
Time to call you surgeon
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.