I'm 57 and want fat gone in my stomach, how and how much?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

There are a variety of options to reduce stomach fat and tone loose abdominal skin and abdominal muscles.  The surgical options can include liposuction and various types of tummy tuck- mini, full, extended or circumferential.  Costs can vary depending on the type and complexity of procedure, but can range from $5,000 to $15,000.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive liposuction and tummy tuck experience.  Once your doctor has had a chance to examine you, he/she should be able to give you an exact cost for your procedure. Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the torso using tumescent technique #plasticsurgery

Substantial fat removal can be accomplished with tumescent liposuction while patients are awake. This technique is safe, effective and minimizes the 'after effects' of general anesthesia. The various non-invasive technologies (CoolSculpting etc) are not nearly as effective for fat removal.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring vs. Non-invasive such as SculptSure, CoolSculpting

I suggest posting photos for further evaluation. There are many different options for fat removal including VASER Hi definition liposuction that will give you the best contoured and sculpted look with immediate results. If needed, excess skin can be removed during the procedure. Noninvasive procedures such as CoolSculpting and SculptSure only reduce 20%-25% of fat per application and often require many treatments to see any results. I suggest consulting with a board certified cosmetic dermatolgist to discuss treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer