40lbs from ideal goal weight - is CoolSculpting for me?

I'm a 5'7" male went from 270lbs down to 190lbs seems remaining fat is collected at my stomach and thighs, went for a consult for coolsculpting and they were quick to recommend that I would see good results with 4 sessions of the biggest applicators. Is the price justified for 4 large applicators or am I too far above the ideal weight to get coolsculpting?

4 large cool max

A picture would be help me give you an idea. In clients who have done a great job losing weight, often times skin is more of an issue and not helped by cool sculpting. In my practice cool max treatments are $1500 each  so at that price range my RN's ofter make sure patients are educated on surgery as well. At those prices you must weigh price, goals, and the best options (maybe surgical) for optimal results. Before paying that I would make sure your consult was a reputable center and maybe seek an opinion with a CS PS. Best of Luck! If you want to message me a picture I'd be happy to look at it. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. In office evaluation is necessary to evaluate which applicators and how many treatment are necessary.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Weight loss and coolsculpting

Congratulations on the weight loss! Firstly, please be mindful that Coolsculpting is not a weight loss tool, it is a means to help debulk  or reshape areas that people have pinchable fat and are having a hard time getting rid of it.  When you have a consult with a certified coolsculping clinician, they will measure the areas and decided which hand piece will best provide the desire outcome that you wish to achieve. I hope this helps you on your continued journey.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss and Non Invasive Options Like Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is not a weight loss tool but can be used to debulk an area and help you get over a weight loss plateau.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting treatment

Congratulations on the weight loss! CoolSculpting is a body contouring procedure and not a weight loss procedure. It is hard for anyone to comment on a treatment plan without seeing photos or evaluating you in person. It is not uncommon to use 4 cycles/applications in a person. The large applicators are great for "debulking" the abdomen but I prefer the CoolFit and CoolSmooth applicators for the thigh. Hope this helps.

CoolSculpting can often boost your weight-loss results

Congrats on your hard work. CoolSculpting is not a weight-loss procedure, but it can absolutely boost what you have achieved so far, reshaping problem areas that may still detract from your success. I can't speak to the specific treatment plan you have already been given, but there is no question that CoolSculpting helps patients, even when not yet at goal weight . 

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Determining how many cycles for Coolsculpting

It is hard to say if this is correct without seeing you in person. It doesn't sound crazy though. It is always better to lose the weight naturally. Coolsculpting won't affect the weight, just the appearance. Congrats on the weight loss. Z Wave and CoolAdvantage give best results.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Coolsculpting Candidate

Congratulations on the weight loss!  Coolsculpting will absolutely help you remove some of the residual fat that you have.  One thing that will be critical in your case is to determine what portion of your troubled areas is loose skin from the previous weight loss and what portion is from residual fat.  This is where consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in both procedures is critical.  Good luck!