3 weeks post Smart Lipo and I am very nervous. What results can I expect? I was hoping for a muscular defined look. (photo)

I had Smart Lipo MPX carried out on my upper/lower abdomen, flanks, chest and lower back. The procedure was done by a plastic surgeon in a prestigious practice. I was going to have a tummy tuck but decided to try this before accepting a more invasive surgery and scar. It is now 3 weeks post op. My Dr said he obtained 1600cc of fat and spent 45 minutes on my abdomen. The soreness in my abdomen is 90% gone but when I pinch my skin I feel significant fat/ or swelling. Should I be worried?

Three weeks is early healing

You had obvious skin laxity before surgery. This will improve partially with lipo, but you will still have loose skin. Only surgery can reduce that. Removing fat certainly improves definition, but a final result still needs time to evolve. This takes a few months.

Continue the compression

Keep up with the really tight compression to decrease edema and encourage the skin the reapproximate correctly. You will likely continue to get some improvement in the laxity, but it will probably not completely resolve. 

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

you will have loose skin unfortunately you didnt chose the best procedure for your body type.  you need a hi definition procedure to define and sculpt your musculature but the skin on your lower stomach has to go to get a tight and flat look.  smartlipo (and I have it along with another laser for liposuction made by alma) is NOT effective in sculpting and defining and cannot tighten that much lose skin.  you should really see a VASER HI DEF body sculpting 4D contouring expert.  Post treatment you should be getting lymphatic massage, RF treatments and be on strict double compression -- thats my opinion.  Best, Dr. Emer.