10% glycolic acid dries out my skin very bad?

I've been using Neostrata Ultra Smoothing Lotion, which has 10% glycolic acid for 10 days now, and in these days I noticed my skin has become significantly drier and I can even say thiner. I've used this product on and off for quite a couple of years so I think my skin is already prepared for that concentration. I've never used it before several days in a row, only once or twice a week, so I don't know if this is normal and it will eventually go off, or is something I should worry about.

Maintaining results

Use Elevase Moisture Booster with ceramides liberally when dry. I would suggest increasing the interval of your peels and using Melapads instead to maintain results between peels. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Thanks for your query. Glycolic acid does dry out the skin. Use it every alternate day and keep your skin moisturized and apply proper sunscreen. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon