I'm getting a bald spot on my hairline, what can I do to save my hair? (photos)

I had gone to get a haircut and as they were combing my hair i realized i was loosing hair at mt hair line. Please help!

Bald Spot In Hairline

This is very early stage hairloss.  Nothing to do at this point aside from applying Rogaine/Minoxidil 2x a day and possibly using a laser device.  You should probably discuss with a doctor medical management of your hairloss to stop it from getting worse.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

See a doctor

You need an exam and a diagnosis.  You just notice something that may have always been there.  Before jumping to conclusions, get an exam and figure out if you are indeed losing hair.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Dr Alba Reyes

It looks like an early stage of Genetic Hair loss , before you think about surgery it is wise to start with :

- Minoxidil 5%
- Finasteride 1 mg
- LLLT

Alba Reyes, MD
Dominican Republic Hair Restoration Surgeon

Options for early male balding

In general, the options for early male balding are four fold

1. minoxidil
  2. finasteride
  3. low level laser
  4. platelet rich plasma
Minoxidil and finasteride are FDA approved and definitely help the front in a proportion of men.  Be sure to speak to a physician specializing in hair loss for guidance. 

Hair loss

Do nothing for this as it can be extensive and you won't be able to conceal grafts until you know how much loss vs. how much donor hair is available.