Is it safe to have breast implant exchange/revision with a yeast infection 2 days pre-op?

I am prone to frequent yeast infections. Usually brought on from working out or high amount of stress. So I have Diflucan available prn. I'm scheduled for implant exchange with pocket revision in 2 days. I just took Diflucan & will notify surgeon in the morning. What is the probability my surgery will be cancelled & how dangerous is it to continue with surgery as planned?

Yeast infection

Thank you for the question and certainly notify your surgeon so he can make an informed decision whether to proceed with surgery or wait

Dr Corbin

Breast augmentation and yeast infection

Breast augmentation is an elective procedure and thus should not be undertaken if you are ill or having other medical conditions. Now, if you have a tendency for yeast infections, you may consider being on your antibiotics as well as Diflucan through your surgery to prevent an outbreak.

Arian Mowlavi, MD