Does my vagina look normal after labiaplasty? (photos)

It's been a month since I had labiaplasty and I want to know if I'm healing good and if my vagina looks as if it will look normal

How do I look after labiaplasty?

Hello Ariele,

Thanks for your photos, unfortunately there aren't any before photos to compare these to, but it looks like you're healing without any signs of infection or significant asymmetry. The photos aren't very close-up, but it appears that your right labia is nearly absent and flush with your labia majora. If this doesn't bother you...then great, since there isn't anything you can do about it. Overall, you look nice and should be happy in the end.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Denver Urogynecologist

Normal course after labiaplasty

It appears you have healed well without any signs of infection or other problems. Wait 4-6 months before you evaluate the final result. If you have any concerns make sure your surgeon knows about them. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty: Postoperative Results

Thank you for your question.  Swelling is common after labiaplasty with the amount dependent in part based on the time since surgery.  The final result will be seen after several months, which at that time one can evaluate if a secondary surgery would be recommended.  If you require a secondary procedure in the future, I would recommend an experienced genital surgeon even if that requires traveling. Best of luck.     

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

Does my vagina look normal after labiaplasty?

Based on your photos, it appears you are healing well from the procedure overall. However, there is asymmetry present between right and left labia minora. At this point in time, it would be too soon to address revision, if that is what you are interested in. You should allow the area to heal for 3-6 months before considering another surgery. It is important to discuss your results with your physician and what your options are post operatively.

Labiaplasty

Thank you for sharing.  It seems that you are healing well.  You still have a bit of swelling but not much.  If you are happy with the results this is great news.  If not, please be sure to seek out the opinion of a board certified plastic surgeon  who specializes in Labiaplasty procedures. 

Your labiaplasty is getting there

From a healing standpoint everything looks like it's healing properly. From an aesthetic standpoint, the right side looks a little overdone with loss of the lateral border contour. However, there is still swelling present and it might look better in a few weeks.

1 m post op labiaplasty

Thanks for sharing.  I think what is important here is how do you feel about the labiaplasty?  I agree with Dr Castilo you had an aggressive reduction of the labia on your right side but if you are happy with the results and it has achieved your goals  then all is good.  

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Without your "before" images, or an in-person examination it is difficult to offer definite advice but it appears that you are healing well.  Though it appears that one labia minora had an aggressive resection, at a month you need your results to mature for a few more weeks to see your long-term results.  At this time you can assess any asymmetries that may be present.  Best wishes.