Is it possible to have no swelling or bruising from having Belotero injected in under eye area? (canulla)

I am hiding this procedure from people and would like to know if any of your patients were able to do this and have it be private with no sign of having anything done...thanks!

Swelling for Bruising from Belotero

Belotero is a great injection for the under eye area.  It is possible to get bruised even from a cannula.  Best to plan the injections when you have the time and take Arnica ahead of time.  Best, Dr. Green

Is it possible to have no swelling or bruising from having Belotero injected in under eye area?

Yes, it is possible that you will not bruise or swell. However, even with a cannula you can bruise. Unfortunately, there is no technique or injector that can guarantee that you will not develop bruising around the eye area. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Belotero

There is always the possibility of swelling and bruising when you have Belotero injections.I would suggest having this treatment when you have a couple of days of down time if you are concerned that people will notice..Ice packs to the area will help and you can cover the bruising with makeup.

Good luck!

Fillers and swelling

belotero can cause swelling just like any of the other fillers that can last weeks.  I suggest having this evaluated and reversed if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Can one avoid getting a bruise when getting under eye filler (Belotero)?

Yes it is possible to avoid bruising with under eye filler placement.  However, it can be difficult because of the very thin lower eyelid skin to completely avoid bruising every time.  Avoidance of blood thinners such as aspirin, NSAIDS (eg., motrin), and many supplements (omega/fish oils, COQ10...) a week or more before surgery will improve the chance of not bruising.  Cannula use not only can improve the safety of facial filler injections, but it can improve the comfort of the injections.  Because the tip is blunt, it also can lessen bruising.  Sometimes some fine tuning can be needed by using needle to finalize the injections, but I am often able to use the cannula technique for the entire injection through just 1-2 injection sites per side.  Best regards.

John R. Burroughs, MD
Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon