Can I get a reduction and lift after already doing an augmentation?

I had my breast augmentation December 2015. I felt I went too large. It's almost been a year and I'm incredibly unhappy and insecure, nude and clothed! My breast are big and saggy and I have back pain from them. I feel I went too big. I was a Large B with fairly saggy breasts. I got 400ccs. In each breast. I wanted large C but I'm almost a double D. Can I get a reduction and lift?

Explantation of breast implants

Of course you can. What I typically do is see how much breast tissue you actually have and determine if a lift using The Horndeski Method will suffice. One of the advantages of  THM breast lift, is that it uses all of your breast tissue to reshape your breasts and repositions it high on your chest to avoid using implants. Most of my patients are women like yourself who underwent an augmentation to "lift" their breasts, but then resulted in much larger saggy breasts. Attached is a woman who desired her breasts back to their youthful appearance with minimal scarring and without the risks/complications and maintenance associated with breast implants. Feel free to browse my gallery to find women who underwent explantation of their implants with a THM lift. I hope this helps. 

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Can I get a reduction and lift after already doing an augmentation

You can have the implants removed and have a lift performed, or possibly just have smaller implants placed. This is something that would be completely cosmetic and not insurance related. Make sure to visit a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss what could be done surgically to give you the look that you would want. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Reduction lift after augmentation

Do not despair! This is pretty common as many docs use an augmentation as an attempt to lift the breast, and they "blow it up" with a big implant. Many patients then have a big implant in a saggy breast, which bottoms out and makes it a big saggy breast. Downsize the implant... And here's the critical part...the implant needs to be trapped in a well controlled sub pectoral pocket so it doesn't "fall into the breast" and have its weight add to the breast. That way the lift will look great as its only supporting the breast itself, not holding the implant. Hope that makes sense. The great news is these look better than normal lifts and hold up nicely over time, as implants in a great pocket don't sag. Good luck!

Lisa Cassileth, MD, FACS

Implant issue

I think that you would need to be seen in person. You might want smaller implants and some sort of a lift. Best of luck.

Down size and lift

Thank you for the question and the simple answer is YES.  So go on some consultations with experts in the area and become informed how

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast lift and reduction after breast augmentation?

Thank you for asking about your breast reduction and lift.

• I am so sorry your implants are so much too large for you.
  • Your 'reduction' will be removal of the implants and, if you still want to be a C, a smaller implant.
  • Yes, a lift can be done at the same time.
  • If you started out a "B", you are very unlikely to need your own breast tissue reduced since it is the implant which makes you too big.
  • Hope all goes well!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Yes, based on your description, you seem like a good candidate for breast lifting/reduction surgery. Whether or not you should have your breast implants removed or downsized should be part of the pre operative conversation.

My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Communicate your goals carefully as well. In my practice this is best done with the help of goal photographs and computer imaging.

Working together you will come up with a good plan to achieve an outcome that you will be pleased with.