Post op day 5 BA; Is this normal healing process? (Photos)

I've noticed left breast was a lot smaller than the right breast since post op day 1. doctor said it was normal. Post op day 2 and 3 I noticed the right breast had some bruising. It was very firm and high. doctor told me just ice it every 15mins and he will see me Friday. Well today, right breast is more painful, still very firm, my right upper back hurts when I walk. Is this normal healing process? The left breast is perfectly fine. I feel miserable.

Concern after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and provided photographs.  I strongly encourage you to be seen by your surgeon as soon as possible.  Based on photos alone, you have notable bruising and obvious asymmetry with the right breast being larger.  You also describe in your text symptoms consistent with that of a hematoma.  If a hematoma is treated promptly, further post-operative complications can be limited.  If a patient has a breast hematoma of significance that is not evacuated, the patient has a higher chance of infection and/or capsular contracture to name a few possible sequela.

I wish you the best,

Dr. Mooty

Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

See your surgeon

Thank you for the question and the photos. I agree with the others that if you haven't already, you should make an appointment to see your surgery to make sure there isn't a hematoma on the larger side. Best of luck!

~Dr. Sieber

Need to see surgeon

From your photographs and description of your postoperative course, it's my opinion that you probably have a hematoma or blood collection on the right side. I would recommend, that you see your chosen plastic surgeon as soon as possible for an in person evaluation. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Concern

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent surgery. I suggest an in-person examination by your board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate for a hematoma. Hope this helps.

5 Days PO

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos you have provided it appears that you need to be seen as soon as possible with your surgeon to discuss possible hematoma.

Post op day 5 BA; Is this normal healing process?

Your history and photo suggests you have a hematoma. This requires surgical drainage if present. Insist that your surgeon consider this diagnosis and if not convinced insist on an ultrasound-if no response see another plastic surgeon

BA early post op pain

Thank you for your question. Look like you may have hematoma. I recommend you call and talk to your surgeon for evaluation.

Swollen

welcome to primary breast augmentation, can be a very uncomfortable and sometimes painful process depending on your surgeons technique and your breasts/chest. Your entire chest is swollen, your implants are riding high and you are bruised, these are all normal things post-op. Listen to your surgeon, follow-up with him/her as scheduled and things should be fine IF you chose a good surgeon. 

Breast augmentation

Thanks for contacting realself. I would suggest seeing your PS to make sure there is no sign of a haematoma on the larger side .

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Not Normal

This does not look like the normal healing process.  I agree with my associates in that it looks like you have developed a possible hematoma. You should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon as soon as possible to prevent further complication.