When is it okay to have oral sex after labiaplasty?

Oral Sex After Labiaplasty

Thank you for your question.  I would ask your surgeon what is his or her recommendations.  Each surgeon has their own recommendations.

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Cleveland Urologist

Looking forward to Oral Sex

Hello Ariele,

Great question, thank you. I understand the confusion surrounding "no sex" restrictions after a Labiaplasty. It isn't limited to only intercourse, but it also applies to all sexual activity including masturbation, oral sex, etc.

If you feel you are fully healed and it's been less than the recommended time by your surgeon then ask to be seen sooner to be given clearance.

Best of luck and have fun with your new vagina!

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Once your doctor says you are ready

Hello Ariele,

Once you have healed to the point at which your surgeon clears you, sure. Otherwise don't manipulate your surgical wound. The assumption here is of course that you are on the receiving end. :)

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Vaginal rest typically occurs for a period of 6 weeks post operatively and will usually include oral sex. Avoiding any activity that could increase your risk of infection or incisional breakdown is very important.  The oral cavity is full of germs, and  you would want to avoid exposing any healing tissues to these types of environments.

Oral Sex After Labiaplasty

Thank you for your question. I advise you get clearance from your plastic surgeon. Attend all your follow up appointments to assure proper healing. Typically 4 - 6 weeks should suffice. Regards,

Oral Sex after labiaplasty

Sure! Just wait ~1 month post-op or until your surgeon clears you and your incision for the stimulation of the area operated upon...

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Oral sex after labiaplasty

I would recommend a minimum of six weeks. This is assuming that you have no remaining areas of ongoing healing. The  normal bacteria that is in the mouth is not something that you want to have on a healing wound. I would discuss this with your surgeon and make sure that he or she clears you for this activity. Best wishes to you!

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Oral sex should wait until the stitches have dissolved

Six to eight weeks is the amount of time required for labiaplasty stitches to dissolve and to be able to resume oral sex safely. The mouth is a source of nasty bacteria that you wouldn't want in your healing tissues.

Oral sex after labiaplasty

This is  really a question you should ask your surgeon.  We surgeons all have different rules for our patient and I just don't want to tell you something contrary to your surgeon.   In my patients I tell them to wait for 4 weeks to engage in oral  because of the swelling which occurs during the stages or arousal and orgasm.   Also often the sutures create a fair amount of discharge and some women and their partners find this cumbersome.  Best of luck

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Oral sex after labiaplasty

I would strongly recommend until all incisions are healed and stitches resolve. It usually happens around 6-8wks. Hope this helps

Armen Kirakosyan, MD, FACOG, FACS
East Aurora Urogynecologist