Is it normal after lipo (during the first two weeks) to have one side more contoured than the other? (photos)

Will it heal evenly? I am 25 years old and I recently had lipo on my chin and neck area with fat injected into my jawline. It is day 5 and I am still pretty swollen. I have noticed that one side is shaping and contouring quite nicely while the other side does not look as contoured, almost like less was done on that side. That side is also more lumpy and swollen than the other. Is this normal during the healing process? I have followed the instructions post-op to a T.

Is it normal after lipo to have one side more contoured than the other?

Hello dear! Thanks for the post and provided information as well.

It's totally normal to see some asymmetry the first couple of weeks because of the swollen and the process of healing. Be patient, but if you don't see the results you wanted in a couple of months, then talk with your doctor about your worries and goals.

Also, i recommend you to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for better options or recommendations.

Good luck :)

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Good luck :)

Asymmetry after lipo

In plastic surgery, we often do bilateral surgery:  breasts, eyelids, thighs..., and it is very common for the results to appear asymmetric in the early post operative period.  First, most surgeons are either left or right handed, so the way they approach each side may be different, and that may influence the early post-op appearance.  Furthermore, patients tend to favor one side more than the other.  They may sleep on one side or with their head turned one way, and this can affect the amount of swelling on one side more than the other.  I would encourage you to discuss your concerns with your surgeon, and make certain that you are doing everything you can to limit swelling and to speed maturation of the result.  Best wishes for an easy recovery.

Asymmetry after lipo

Asymmetrical Swelling--Try Venus Legacy

Yes, it is possible to have asymmetrical swelling. I suggest all my patients to wear the neck compression 24 hours a day for 3-5 days after the procedure.  To speed up healing and reduce swelling, you can try hyperbaric oxygen and venus legacy radiofrequency treatments.  LED treatments can be used to help as well.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Asymmetrical Swelling--Try Venus Legacy