Will I lose close to 10lbs with a tummy tuck and an arm lift? (Photo)

So after two pregnancies with massive weight gains could I possibly lose 8-10lbs if I had a tummy tuck l and arm lift done?

Will I lose close to 10lbs with a tummy tuck and an arm lift?

Based on the photographs, I would estimtae that you will lose about 4 pounds after the planned procedures.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

LOSING WEIGHT WITIH A TUMMY TUCK

The tummy tuck, arm lift and liposuction does not make you lose too much weight, maybe 3 or 4 lb. at the most, but if after the surgery you follow a health lifestyle, and you work out regularly, then you can lose even more weight.

Weight Loss with a Tummy Tuck

Plastic surgery procedures, in general, are helpful in contouring - not weight loss. While you certainly will lose some weight with removal of skin and/or fat, it is usually less than you would think it might be. 

You will get the best results if you are near your ideal weight but feel like certain areas are resistant to diet/exercise and/or you have loose skin. 

Ashley B. Robey, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well. Loosing weight after a plastic surgery will depend on your life style, on how you eat and workout. I recommend to make an appointment with a board certfied plastic surgeon to talk about your goals and your concerns. 

Good luck :) 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Losing weight with a tummy tuck

Thank you for the answer and the photos. On average, patients lose about 5 lbs after a tummy tuck. It's important to remember, however, that this plastic surgery should not be considered a weight loss procedure. It will help you eliminate problem areas, address excess skin, and even go down several sizes. That being said, you should strive to attain your ideal weight BEFORE the procedure.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and obtain a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS