Will my labia/hood look normal? (photos)

My doctor did this weird stitching on my hood about a week ago and I want to know if it looks like it'll look normal once it's done healing.

What will my final result look like?

.Thank you for asking about your labiaplasty.

You are too swollen to be able to tell your final result - swelling takes months to subside.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Will my labia/hood look normal?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Unfortunately with the degree of swelling seen in your tissues it is difficult to know what your final results will be and it would be best to allow your results time to fully mature before assessing the need for any correction.  Hope this helps.  

Will my labia/hood look normal?

Dear Ariele1999,

Thank you for your question and sharing your post-op photos.  After labiaplasty and hood reduction, it can take up to three months for all of the swelling to go away, and under the skin repair continues for up to a year.  You should have a much better idea of how you like your surgical results by three months out.  I hope this information is helpful.

Speedy recovery!

Sincerely,

Troy R. Hailparn, MD, FACOG

Cosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio

Troy Hailparn, MD
San Antonio OB/GYN

Will my labia/hood look normal?

At this point, it is very difficult to evaluate the aesthetic outcome of the procedure performed; significant swelling can really distort things.  At this point also, there is not much to do but rest/recover;  this is one of those situations where only time will tell whether you will be pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed. Best wishes.

Nothing looks normal right after a labiaplasty

The first week of healing is Frankenstein week. You'll have maximum swelling, maximum distortion and maximum bruising. Once this settles down things will improve and your results will continue to evolve for about 6-8 weeks.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN

Will my labia/hood look normal?

Thank you for your question. You are only 1 week post op. once the swelling comes down and it will look better. Please follow instructions from your PS

Ven Erella, MD

Clitoral hood stitching

Dear Ariele:

Thanks for sharing......but it is really impossible for me to tell you whether its abnormal as I really do not know what your baseline was prior to surgery.  I must admit the ariel view look directly downward  (2nd photo) looks a bit unusual as their is still lateral prepuce on your left side and their looks like there are layers of tissue which are unusual.  Like most cases  I think you need to sit back and wait for the swelling to subside.  If you are not happy with the results you really need to choose a more experienced surgeon for your revision surgery. Someone who can fix clitoral hoods/lateral prepuce and who has a vast amount of experience in revision surgeries.

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

John R. Miklos, MD, FPMRS, FACS
Atlanta Urogynecologist