Is my labia healing correctly after labiaplasty? (photos)

I got my one-sided labiaplasty 5 days ago and around the area there is some sort of white stuff, I don't know if this could be from the ointment the doctor prescribed me or what. And there is some sort of pimple like dot on my clitorous hood, is this normal? What is it ?

You look like you are healing quite nicely.  You are still swollen. Try to stay calm and wait it out.  This will take at least one month.

Hello and thank you for posting photos along with your question. From the photos, it appears as though you are healing well. There appears to be the normal amount of swelling and bruising and this should improve with time. I would recommend that you speak to your surgeon and express your concerns with them as well because only they can evaluate you in person. Wish you the best of luck in your recovery process.

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

No need for occlusive ointments post-op labiaplasty...

...Looks like you're healing well, but this is a question you should ask your surgeon (the one you PAID...). Surgical fees include 24/7 availability during recovery. And, can the bacitracin zinc ointment. It will occlude the healing scar and do no good...

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Is my labia healing correctly after labiaplasty?

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears to be healing well.  The discoloration is consistent with post surgical changes.  The skin will have some white film during the healing due to the ointment and moisture.  Keep your surgeon posted on your progress, good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Post labiaplasty healing concerns

Thank you for your question. It looks like healing as expected at this stage. Please follow instructions from your surgeon.

Healing well?

It appears your are healing well.  I know its difficult but try to sit back and relax and let your body heal over the next 6 weeks.  It appears to be fine.

You have a small bruise on your clitoral hood

You have a small bruise on your clitoral hood. I see no problem with this or with your healing process unless the bruise swells and enlarges. The antibiotic ointment you are using will not cause bruising, but probably will irritate the skin and the scar needlessly and will not improve your healing process.

Is my labia healing correctly after labiaplasty

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Based on your pictures alone it appears that your labiaplasty is healing well, with little swelling or bruising present.  I do think that the white/silver stuff is your bacitracin ointment while the white dot is an inflamed/clogged pore which should resolve on its own.  Hang in there and maintain close follow up with your surgeon to ensure appropriate healing.  Best wishes.