I am 7 days post op and concerned with the appearance of my Areola incision. The other looks more "normal" looking. (photo)

Looks over stitched or stitched too tight. Should I be worried? And is there anything that can be done?

I am 7 days post op and concerned with the appearance of my Areola incision. The other looks more "normal" looking

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine and recommend most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Breast Augmentation Recovery

I don't think this is anything to be worried about at this point. You are still very early in your healing process. However, definitely bring this to the attention of your surgeon at your next post-op exam. 

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Suture puckering

Many surgeons will use a suture in an areolar incision that will cause temporary puckering.  I wouldn't be too concerned at present. Please discuss it with your surgeon at your postoperative visit.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Give it time

It is too early to raise alarms about this appearance.  It will settle. Give it time.  Discuss it with your srgeon at your next visit to develop understanding about early appearance of scar.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Incision tight

At one week post surgery there is swelling and stretch of the tissues. The suture however does not stretch hence looks tight. Will be much better in a few weeks. No worry. Good luck

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Areolar incision 7 days post op

It is important that you discuss your concerns with hyour surgeon. He can best answer this question. 7 days is early to make any kind of a decision as to how it ultimately will look. It looks as if the deeper suture is a bit tight which is constricting the overlying skin. As this relaxes it likely will look quite normal.

Incision concern

Thanks for your inquiry, it is early in your result and your scars will change and should flatten.  Please discuss your concern with your plastic surgeon.  Good Luck.  

Incision concern after breast augmentation

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, different surgeons will use different techniques to close the wounds. There is no one way to do it. There is no one right way to do it either. I am sure if you contacted your PS office they will be happy to answer this with the BEST answer.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Nipple Healing

I would follow-up with your surgeon. 1 week is very early and you can expect it to flatten out and have decreased redness with time. 

#PlasticSurgery #BreastAug #BreastImplants #Healing #nipple 

Incision

It would have been helpful to have seen the other side for comparison.  It looks like there might be some "bowstringing" that may have occurred when the knot was tied.  Assuming that is the case, this will stretch out when the suture dissolves.

All the best.