CoolSculpting treatments one week apart?

Hello, I had my first CoolSculpting procedure done to my saddlebags and upper thighs earlier today. I was told to come in for my second round in approximately five days due to a time crunch. Is this safe? Will this harm my health? Thank you so much in advance!

Thank you for your question. The minimum amount of time between treatments is 30 days, unless a different area is being treated. Ensure that you always see a physician with experience in CoolSculpting. Regards, 

CoolSculpting

It's not recommended to CoolSculpt the same areas before a month. If you are planning to treat other areas than it's perfectly fine.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Only If Treating a Different Area

First, let me applaud you for using this forum to double-check on the safety of repeating this procedure so soon. Better safe than sorry! Follow-up CoolSculpting treatments for the same area should be scheduled at least a month after the initial procedure. However, if you are planning on treating a different area, then you can return in 5 days. Best of luck.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Hello, I had my first CoolSculpting procedure done to my saddlebags and upper thighs earlier today. I was told to come in for my

While this is not the recommended approach, studies are finding a short waiting period between treatments has its benefits. I believe you will see the approach becoming more common in the next 12-24 months.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Wait More Than a Week

Assuming you're undergoing a repeat treatment on the same area of your body, I recommend waiting a minimum of 2 months between treatments. Undergoing treatments to the same area any more frequently than that can result in tissue damage and other side effects. However, if you're undergoing the second treatment on a different area of your body, this approach is perfectly safe. Please don't be afraid to share your concerns with your practitioner or choose another office if you still feel unsafe. Kudos to you for doing your homework, and best of luck.

Theresa M. Jarmuz, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

5 Days Is Too Soon

Just 5 days between CoolSculpting treatments (provided they're being performed on the same area of the body) is far too little to be safe. Undergoing multiple treatments so close together can result in tissue damage and other complications, so you're right to be concerned. Please feel free to share your thoughts with the practice and locate another one led by a board-certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist if necessary.

Susan M. Stuart, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Give Yourself More Time Between Treatments

You didn't specify where on your body your second treatment will be performed, but 5 days between CoolSculpting treatments on the same area of the body is far too little and can potentially result in tissue injury or other complications. However, if you plan on having CoolSculpting on a different part of your body, such as your abdomen or arms, then 5 days between treatments is fine. Don't be afraid to choose a different practitioner if you don't feel that your current office is taking the proper precautions. Your health and safety are of the utmost importance. Kudos to you for doing your research. Best of luck!

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

One week apart CoolSculpting Treatments

Hello and thank you for reaching out. If you are treating the same area approximately 5 days later, I would not suggest going to that appointment. You should really wait to see the full results at least 6 weeks later, before treating again. Trying to treat the same areas too close together will not increase results or make them appear any quicker. Best Wishes!

Coolsculpting Treatments

Treating too early will not help.  you should wait for minimum 4-6 weeks in the same treatment area.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting Treatments One Week Apart

It does not make much sense to treat the exact same area within 1 week. We treat anywhere between 2-3 months apart for the same area. If you are getting a different area treated then that's ok.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon