Am I a candidate for Cool sculpting ? (photos)

I am a 32 yo mother of two. I used to exercise regularly lifting weights and running long distances. Since becoming a mother and working full time at advancing my career I've not been as aggressive with my workouts and my body really shows it. I don't want to have full out liposuction if it can be avoided. Am I a good candidate for cool sculpting or do I need to just bite the bullet and work out more?

Candidate for Cool Sculpt?

Dear Kim06ag, Review pictures online but of course, looks like your amount of extra volume would be amenable to cool sculpting if you are realistic about expectations. Liposuction of these areas works very well but if you seek non invasive options only Cool Sculpting is an excellent choice to try. There is the cool fit for inner thighs (average 22% reduction) and the Cool Smooth PRO that treats outer thighs (9-12% reduction) but you sometimes need more than one treatment to each area. Please seek a consultation with an experienced provider. 

CoolSculpting to Jump-Start Change

Thanks for your question regarding CoolSculpting. Although there's certainly nothing wrong with spending a bit more time at the gym to reach your goals, I understand how working hard at your job and raising children can keep you very busy! CoolSculpting can help accelerate your transformation and give you an extra boost of motivation. It's difficult to make a certain recommendation based on your photos alone, but you do appear to be a good candidate for CoolSculpting on your inner and outer thighs. It will likely reduce your targeted fat deposits by between 20% and 25%, giving you smoother contours and more confidence in your favorite outfits. Consult with an experienced body contouring specialist to be sure, and good luck!

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Good candidate

From the pictures, it appears that you would be a good candidate for CS both on the inner and outer thighs.  An in person consultation is always best though.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Coolsculpting and Best Candidate

An in office consultation is the only real way to see if you are a candidate. It depends also on your expectations.  You cannot expect to get rid of the cellulite etc without ever working out and having one Coolsculpting procedure.  We all wish that was the case! Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting Expectation Results

I think yo uare a better candidate at a full leg contouring procedure with cellulite treatment (fat transfer, subcision, thermiRF).  Coolsculpting will do very little with contour but may give some improvement in fat reduction. It will not treat your cellulite. Best, Dr. Emer.

Candidate for Coolsculpting

It does appear that you may be a good candidate for Coolsculpting of the inner and outer thighs.  An in person consult is always best to make a final determination.  In regards to working out more: YES. This is always helpful; but if these are problem areas that even when you are in better condition and working out more are areas that you wish you could improve, then I would say you should definitely go for it. If they are areas that look better with working out but you know you are not going to be able to do that, then Coolsculpt can also help. Your inner thighs are especially good candidates for treatment.

Are you a good candidate for CoolSculpting?

The best way to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure is through an in-person consultation with an experienced CoolSculpting provider. For the inner and outer thighs, it's important that you are examined to make sure you have a big enough "bulge" for treatment. The CoolSculpting website has a list of providers in your area. Good luck!

Am I A Candidate For CoolSculpting?

Hi Kim. Thanks for the photos. The best way to determine whether you are a candidate for CoolSculpting is with an in-person consultation and evaluation by an experienced physician CoolSculpting provider. Just looking at your pictures, you seem to be a candidate for treatment for your inner thighs. Your right outer thigh may also be suitable for treatment, but i'm not so sure about the left side. That's why it's important to have these areas evaluated in person. You will probably need 2-3 treatments for best results. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting candidates

You do appear to be a candidate for Coolsculpting you inner and outer thighs, but you would require an examination by an experienced provider. They would also need to have the appropriate hand pieces available to give you the best result.

You did kind of answer your own question about the working part, because anything you can do to improve your body weight and muscle tone is definite benefit. If these were not problem areas for you in the past you might be able to get back to that with out having to have any treatments. If they were always areas of concern, Coolsculpting is a good option. While it is not as aggressive as liposuction it can help to reduce fat in localized areas. You should expect about 20-30% of fat within the treatment site to resorb. Prepare yourself for having more than one round of treatments for the best results. While Coolsculpting may not be the most cost effective or aggressive form of fat removal, it is a very good option for people who want to avoid surgery or downtime.

Sincerely,

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

CoolScultping

The posterior inner thigh appears to have enough to treat but both areas need to be examined to be definitive.  CoolSculpting works so it must be used appropriately or you can cause contour problems.