Does anyone have any complaints about using Accelendent or a similar device to speed up the process?

Majority of the reviews are great about the speeding process. I wonder if it makes your teeth drift faster after invisalign is complete?

Let's Talk Teeth

Dear barbarachen,

Thank you for posting your question on RealSelf.  I will do my best to provide an answer with the information given.

Great question by the way.  In general, speeding up treatment is great.  Our patients and our office love accelerated treatment!  In general, teeth that are moved quickly without holding them in place for awhile are likely to return quickly.  That is why retainers at the end are so important.  Whether teeth are moved slow or fast, retainers are still required.  It is important that you wear you retainers every night after treatment.  The more you wear them for awhile after treatment, the more stable they will be.  You want to wear your retainers until you don't wan't your teeth straight anymore.

I hope that this helps and good luck.

Dr. Jenn

Let's Talk Teeth

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear barbarachen,

I hope that this helps and good luck.

Dr. Jenn