Can someone advise me if this rash and throwing pain from within is related to silicone leaking? (Photos)

Can someone advise me what to do I have had this rash which seems to be getting worse and I now have shooting pains going down my breast. I went into my general doctor who advised that she was certain this was not any type of skin fungus and advised to see my surgeon. It's 1 yr and 1 month with these silicone implantMy surgeon office said that I should go to dermatologist instead of a general doctor. I feel helpless getting run around from everyone. I have had this rash and pain for a week now .

Doctor Answers 1

Rash and pain

My observation is that when there are no answers on this forum, it is because no one has any good suggestions. I am very sorry to hear about your situation. I, too, have no good answers but I might offer some direction of how to proceed. 

First, leaking silicone is not a rare situation since it has occurred in many different forms over the last 40 years.  This type of rash and symptom does not seem to occur as a result. 

I have seen a similar rash to yours once about ten years ago.  No one could figure out the cause and, as a last resort, we removed the implants and took cultures of the implants and the implant pockets. It turned out to be an extremely rare infection.  Removing the implants cured the patient and she was able to have new implants placed at a later date.  

I have no idea if this would help you, but it is something to keep in mind if all else fails.  I hope this helps. Best wishes. 

Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 83 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.